On June 26th, Governor Pritzker and Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced Illinois will be moving ahead to Phase 4, and will allow gyms, fitness centers, yoga, dance, cycling to operate at a maximum of 50% capacity. Staff and public should wear face coverings. Equipment and exercising areas should be sanitized before and after each use.
We have been operating at Phase 3, where we allow 10 people outdoors and 1 on 1 training indoors. Starting Friday, we will operate at 50% capacity of our normal classes prior to shut down. Here are the updates members can expect:
- Main mats will max at 16
- Second room will max at 10
- Weighted area will re-open with a max of 2 participants
- Class times will increase to 1 hr. We will accommodate our schedule to allow for 15 mins of cleaning in-between
- Pad work will be introduced and will be indoors with guidelines
- Sparring will be introduced with guidelines
- No clinch work
- Face masks will be mandatory when training indoors
- Proper hygiene is expected (nails trimmed, hands properly washed)
- If showing symptoms of sickness, please stay home or will be asked to leave for the safety of our staff and others
- If you test positive for COVID-19, please stay home and inform our staff immediately, and quarantine yourself for minimum 2 weeks
- Members are expected to follow our gym guidelines and procedures. Failure to do so may result in being asked to leave and/or termination of membership. We care about everyone’s safety.
At any point a member wishes to train on a bag they may do so
Guidelines for pad work training
Normal training at our facility involves the use of not only heavy bags, but training with Thai pads, belly pads, which ultimately means working with a partner. We understand that some may feel uncomfortable to do so, therefore we will have a separate section for those who would like to work on bags instead of with a partner.
- Sanitize equipment before & after use
- Do your best to train with the same training partner each week
- Masks are mandatory
- No clinch based drills
Guidelines for contact drills (technical sparring, intermediate/advanced classes)
Part of training Muay Thai is learning to spar correctly. We see this as an essential aspect to training properly and expect members to adhere to our guidelines in order to train safely.
- Members must wash hands before and after training
- Sanitize equipment before and after
- Must have own boxing gloves and shin guards.
You can purchase any needed equipment from our Pro Shop.